A bread slicer is used to cut loaves of bread equally. It is usually used in bakeries and industries to cut bread and loaves. You can cut up to 500 loaves in one hour with a high-end industrial-sized bread slicer.
This guide explains how you can use a bread slicer machine.
Step by Step Guide to use a Bread Slicer
Make sure that your loaf fits nicely in the bread slicer. It must not be too small or too large compared to the bread slicer’s brackets; otherwise, you will not get a good finish.
- Place the bread loaf in the designated space and put a plastic guide behind it to support it. You will need to place the loaf in the middle of the tray if you have a tray-style cutter.
- Push the loaf against the plastic guide to ensure proper placement. The two guides on either side help keep the loaf in the middle. Put gentle pressure on its top to avoid compressing the loaf.
- You can change the size of the cutter to get the desired bread slice size.
- Feed the loaf gently to the machine; avoid putting too much pressure.
- Keep your fingers away from the blade.
Working Principle of a Bread Slicer
The bread slicer works on the principle of the gravity feed system. A bread slicer has 22 parallel cutting blades positioned almost 14.5mm apart from each other. The weight of bread loaves puts pressure on the blades of the machine. These blades have reciprocating movement in an upward and downward direction. Feed chute holds the loaves in place for clean and proper bread cutting.
Buying Guide for a Bread Slicer
A bread slicer is a convenient and efficient tool that helps get even bread slices. You can have perfectly sliced loaves of bread through this fantastic kitchen tool. But before buying any bread slicer for your home, you should check the following features.
- Durability and construction
- Guides to hold the bread
- Size selection for bread slice cutting
- Easy to clean
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to sharpen the bread slicer blades?
- Set slicer to the manual mode.
- Loosen the sharpener locking pin and rotate your sharpener at 180 degrees.
- Once your sharpener is straightening out, fix it and switch in the plug.
- Press the button presented on the rear side of the sharpener holds it for 15-30 seconds.
2. Is a bread slicer worth it?
The bread slicer is worth buying. It helps in the accurate slicing of loaves of bread, which is otherwise impossible to get. A bread slicer will reduce your effort and efficiently slice bread loaves.
3. What are the two basic types of bread slicers?
The bread slicer machine is of two main types. One is called a band slicer, while the other is a reciprocating slicer. The number of blades, speed, and efficiency vary in both these slicers.