From movie night at home to fulfilling your hunger at inappropriate times, popcorns are among the most likable and quickly made snacks. Besides getting popcorn from markets, people nowadays prefer to make them at home. Popcorns made in a microwave oven are quickly made and taste good. Sometimes you don’t have paper bags at home and still want to make popcorn, so you need a good recipe to make popcorn in the microwave without a paper bag. This article is exactly written for you!
Method to Make Popcorns without a Paper Bag in Microwave
If you don’t have a paper bag to make popcorn, you can use a microwave popcorn popper or a microwavable bowl. You just have to make sure that you are using a microwave-friendly container for popcorn; nothing else matters. Here is a quick recipe to make popcorn in the microwave without a paper bag.
- Select a microwave-safe bowl and add ½ cup of kernels into it.
- Cover the bowl with a plate which should also be microwavable.
- Now put this bowl in the microwave and heat it for 2-5 minutes. Timings can vary according to the microwave’s wattage and the number of kernels you put in.
- Your popcorn will be ready when popping slows down for more than a second.
- After turning off the microwave, carefully remove and open it.
- Transfer the popcorn to the serving bowl. You can add some seasoning over it for serving.
You can also use a glass bowl if you don’t have certain microwavable bowls.
Homemade Seasoning of Popcorns
Some people like popcorns simple while some prefer seasoning over it. There are many options in popcorn seasoning, which you can also make at home. Here are the few most common and popular ones.
Mix 2tsp of cocoa powder, 1tsp sugar, and 1tsp cinnamon. Spray popcorn with olive oil and then sprinkle this cocoa topping over it.
Salt and Oil Seasoning
One of the most common seasonings for popcorn is salt. You must mist your popcorn with oil and then sprinkle salt over them. That’s it.
Parmesan and Garlic Seasoning
Take 2tbsp of parmesan cheese, 1tsp of garlic powder, and ½ tsp of ground black pepper. Mix them well and drizzle them over popcorns after misting them with olive or canola oil.
Faux Cheesy Topping
Mix 1tbsp of nutritional yeast and 2tsp of melted butter. You can also use olive oil instead of melted butter. Drizzle this over popcorn and enjoy eating them.
Peanut Butter and Honey Seasoning
Take 1tbsp of peanut butter, 2tsp honey, and 1tsp vanilla. Mix these ingredients and melt them in the oven. Toss this seasoning over popcorn and coat them. Let the peanut butter dry for some time, and your popcorns are ready to eat.
Some Tips to Consider for Microwaving Popcorns without Paper Bag
If you are making popcorn without a paper bag in a microwave oven, you should consider the following tips.
- You should avoid overheating the popcorn. Heat for an optimum time but must not exceed the limits. Heating time depends on the number of popcorns, moisture level, and microwave’s wattage.
- Use a cooling rack to flip the bowl if some kernels remain unpopped. Separate the unpopped kernels from the popped ones and heat them again.
- Make only the required quantity as 3tbsp of popcorn equals about 7.5 cups of popped popcorn.
- Whenever you see a 2-second gap between popping, it means your popcorns are done, and you have to remove the bowl from the oven to avoid overheating.
Leave a Reply