Coffee smoothies with refreshing flavors are indeed something delicious and nutritious to wake you up. You can have coffee smoothies as a morning drink or even as a day meal whenever you want. Usually, people add bananas to their smoothies for a healthy and satisfactory drink.
A cold coffee smoothie with a banana has a higher calorie value. It may not be suitable for those who don’t want to take many calories or are allergic to bananas. So, if you need a cold coffee smoothie recipe without a banana, read this guide further.
Recipe 1: Coffee Smoothie without Banana
You can make a coffee smoothie without bananas with many recipes. Here is one of the most famous and nutritious ones.
- 8 cold brew ice cubes
- ½ cup chilled cold brew
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- I teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For this recipe, you require cold brew ice cubes. You can make these cubes quite easily. Mix cold brew coffee and oat milk in a glass. Pour this mixture into an ice cube tray. Freeze it for more than four hours. You can make these ice cubes several days ahead of making your cold coffee smoothie, or you may prepare them four hours before making your smoothie.
Make your cold brew smoothie with the following easy steps.
- Add cold brew ice cubes and other remaining ingredients into the blender.
- Blend these ingredients at high speed.
- If you feel the smoothie is thick, you can add a few splashes of oat milk to it.
- Blend it again after adding oat milk.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, and it’s ready to serve.
You can have this refreshing and tempting smoothie in your breakfast.
Recipe 2: Vanilla Creamy Coffee Smoothie
Here is another recipe for a coffee smoothie without a banana. A creamy coffee smoothie is appetizing and healthy for any stomach.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup cold, strongly brewed coffee
- 8 frozen coffee ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon honey/pure maple syrup
- 10-15 drops of liquid stevia to taste
- 1/2 avocado (Smaller Hass variety)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop preferred vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Top with cacao nibs for a little extra crunch!
- Put all the ingredients as mentioned above into the blender jar.
- Turn on the blender and blend them for 30 seconds.
- Check the smoothie’s consistency; if you feel it is thick, add more milk.
- Blend it again.
- Pour it into your glass and drink it.
This instant coffee smoothie recipe without bananas has 271.8 calories in its one serving.
Recipe 3: Yoghurt and Cinnamon Coffee Smoothie
Besides adding bananas, you can make your smoothie healthy with various other ingredients. This coffee smoothie has no banana in it but Greek yogurt, making it healthy and nutritious.
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ vanilla Greek yogurt (frozen)
- 1/3 cup of stovetop espresso
- 1 tablespoon collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making this coffee smoothie is extremely easy. You can make it in just two steps given as follows.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above into the blender and turn it on.
- Blend it until you get a creamy and velvety coffee smoothie.
Garnish this smoothie with cinnamon and serve it. This coffee smoothie contains 300 calories in its single serving.
Variations for Coffee Smoothie Recipes
You can make your coffee smoothie without bananas with many recipes. You can exchange different ingredients for making a delicious coffee smoothie.
- You can use cold brew coffee instead of regular brew coffee to make coffee ice cubes. Besides this, you can also use instant coffee, but it should be chilled entirely to make a coffee smoothie.
- If you are allergic to dairy milk, you can use any non-dairy options for your smoothies. For example, almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and cashew milk can be good alternatives to regular milk.
- To make your smoothie nutritious, you can add chia seeds, protein powder, and flax seeds.
- For a rich flavored coffee smoothie, you can use peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter in your recipe.
Making a coffee smoothie without bananas is easy, and many recipes are available. The recipes mentioned in this guide are a few famous ones. You can also try them with some variation and add your favorite ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you add ground coffee to your smoothie?
Yes, you can add ground coffee to your smoothie. Adding ground coffee will add more flavor and taste to your smoothie. Moreover, it also provides extra caffeine without actually brewing any coffee.
2. Can I use applesauce in a smoothie?
If you don’t add banana to your smoothie, you can add applesauce as an alternative. You have to replace one banana with ½ cup of applesauce. Do not add more than half a cup of applesauce because it will liquefy your smoothie and ruin its taste.
3. How to thicken a smoothie without a banana?
You can thicken your smoothie without bananas and even without any other fruits. You can add coconut oil, cooked oatmeal, nut butter, Greek yogurt, pureed pumpkin, half an avocado, butternut squash, and sweet potato to your smoothie. You can pick your favorite ingredient from this list to thicken your smoothie.