Cuisinart coffee grinder offers an 18-month warranty, but it can work pretty well more than its warranty period if maintained and cared for properly. Along with a good warranty, there isn’t any match for the Cuisinart coffee grinder’s efficiency. When it comes to cleaning, it’s a bit tricky for sure. But this guide will make your coffee grinder cleaning most effortless and time-saving. Read the article further to learn the best method to clean your Cuisinart burr coffee grinder.
Difference between Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder and Blade Grinder
Cuisinart burr coffee grinders have two abrasive surfaces to help grind coffee. These grinders offer 18 levels to grind coffee beans. These levels range from extra course to ultra-fine grind. With automatic settings, you can get your coffee ground size as per your requisites in these grinders. A burr grinder can be conical or flat.
On the other hand, a Cuisinart blade grinder has propeller-like blades just like a blender. These blades rotate and grind coffee beans in your desired sizes.
Why Cleaning Your Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder is Necessary?
A coffee grinder is extensively used to grind coffee beans. Continuous use of a grinder makes it dirty, and it can cause severe health problems also. Your coffee taste can also alter if your grinder is not washed correctly. Besides this, if you do not regularly clean your Cuisinart coffee grinder, its shelf life can be decreased.
So, it’s essential to clean your coffee grinder just like you clean other kitchen appliances. The cleaning frequency depends on how often you use your coffee grinder. But if you make your coffee grinder cleaning a regular part of your routine, it will be worthy.
Process of Cleaning Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder
Cleaning a burr coffee grinder is trickier than cleaning a blade coffee grinder. You can clean your coffee grinder in a few minutes by following the given process.
- Disassemble the grinder first.
- After dissembling, remove the hopper. (Hopper is to keep coffee beans)
- Wash the hopper and its lid by hand.
- Without attaching the hopper, run the grinder for at least 5 seconds. It helps remove remaining coffee.
- Unplug your Cuisinart coffee grinder.
- Remove all rubber and plastic parts from your grinder.
- Now, you have to wash every part with your hands. Please do not use the dishwasher to wash them. Every piece that is in contact with the coffee beans must be removed and cleaned.
- Do not forget to wash the grinder bin that catches the coffee grinds.
- Next, remove the inner burr of your grinder. Take help from the manual to remove it.
- To remove coffee grounds from the burr hose, use a stiff brush. Knock all the stuck particles of coffee grounds with the help of a brush.
- Now with the help of a dry cloth or a towel, wipe the inner and outer burr of the grinder.
- The towel should be dry to absorb coffee oils that are left behind.
- After cleaning, make sure that all the washed parts are completely dry.
- Once dried properly, place these parts in their allocated positions. Reassemble the entire coffee grinder.
Note: Never use water to clean the burr of your burr coffee grinder. You can clean it with the help of a dry cloth or a soft brush.
Clean Burr Coffee Grinder without Dissembling it
You can use an alternative cleaning method if you do not want to disassemble your Cuisinart burr coffee grinder. Using cleaning tablets is effective in cleaning coffee grinders. You can also get these cleaning tablets from amazon or any other good online store. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Place the cleaning tablets in the hopper and turn on the grinder.
- Until the tablets run to the machines entirely, you have to pulse the grinder.
- Now add one oz. of coffee beans to the grinder. Run the grinder with these coffee beans. Now, discard the tablet residues and coffee ground from the bin.
- Rinse the coffee grind bin thoroughly and dry it properly before attaching it to the grinder.
The tablet cleaning method for the coffee burr grinder is the quickest but is not as thorough as the handwashing method.
Things to Consider While Cleaning Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder
To clean your coffee burr grinder, you have to be careful to avoid any damage. Besides of methods mentioned above, you can also perform some tricks to clean your grinder efficiently. Grinding rice before the regular cleaning session of your grinder will help to absorb coffee oils and foul odors. It is not a replacement for the cleaning process; instead, it can enhance the cleaning results.
Be very gentle while dissembling your coffee grinder. Clean dust and coffee grind from your grinder’s mechanical parts and threads. If you don’t clean these parts properly, your grinder may get damaged over time.
For a smooth running of the grinder and a good coffee taste, you have to clean your Cuisinart burr coffee grinder quite frequently. Avoid dishwashing your coffee grinder. Hand washing is the best way to clean any grinder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often do you need to clean your Cuisinart burr coffee grinder?
You should clean it when you notice a heavy build-up inside your coffee grinder. After every few months, when your grinder begins to smell, it indicates that it’s time for a cleanup. You can use both the cleaning tablet and hand wash methods as per your suitability.
2. Do you need to clean your coffee grinder after every use?
It isn’t necessary to clean your coffee grinder after every use. If you use your grinder for commercial purposes, then cleaning it once a week would be enough. If you use a coffee grinder at home, cleaning it once a month is recommended. But it all depends on how frequently you use your coffee grinder.
3. Which water is best for cleaning the Cuisinart burr coffee grinder?
Warm soapy water provides good cleaning to your Cuisinart burr coffee grinder. Warm water easily loosens the stuck coffee grounds in the grinder. It’s also effective against germ killing. Hence, using warm water instead of cold water is best for cleaning the coffee grinder.