Late Summer Sweetness
I am the first to admit that I am a cake addict. So when deep purple, sweet, and juicy plums are calling my name at the market, I have no choice but to buy them and let them shine atop a lovely little cake. What makes this particular cake so delicious is the cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top. It melts into the juices released from the plums during baking and adds a heavenly hint of cinnamon to the plums.
100g butter, softened at room temperature
pinch of salt
finely grated peel of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and beat until mixed well.
3. Add salt, lemon peel, flour, and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour batter into a 24cm tart pan with removable bottom. Spread evenly.
5. Cut plums into thin slices and arrange evenly on top of batter.
6. Mix extra sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl an sprinkle on top of cake.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for about 35 to 40 minutes. Check to make sure cake is done.