Summer is a time for outdoor parties, and I love surprising guests with special treats that look like a million bucks, but are easy to make and don’t cost a fortune. Finger food can often be tricky, because it’s time consuming to make and requires practice and a good bit of patience. So when we were over at my parents’ house the other day, and my mom brought out a plate of Marinated Feta Cubes, I knew I had to have the recipe! Not only do they look super cute, but they are so delicious!
You could serve these with drinks before dinner, as an appetizer, or as part of a cold buffet. Either way, I promise your guests will be very impressed! If wrapping the Feta in sliced zucchini and tying with chives sounds like too much work to you, then you can leave those steps out.
Marinated Feta Cubes
good quality Feta cheese, cubed
thinly sliced zucchini ribbons (use a vegetable peeler or mandoline)
good quality extra virgin olive oil
thinly sliced garlic
finely minced red chili
sprigs of thyme
1. Wrap Feta in zucchini ribbons (one ribbon per cube) and tie with chives (one chive per cube).
2. Mix oil with garlic, chili, and thyme.
3. Pour oil mixture over Feta cubes.
4. Arrange thyme on top of cubes.
5. Let stand for at least 4 hours or overnight.